Help us to help you. Please give us any relevant information with respect to accessibility requirements before your arrival, most preferably at the time of booking. Otherwise, we may have insufficient availability to accommodate requirements that are only made known to us at check-in. In the case of specific or complex requirements, our recommended method of booking is direct via telephone with our experienced Reservations Team.
Before Your Arrival
We aim to help make choosing your holiday destination and accommodation as straightforward as possible. We will be delighted to assist with this in any way we can.
Our geographical location means that we are a hilly park. If you have specific access requirements relating to parking, steps, pathways, ramps, inclines, doors, or internal layouts, please get in touch with our Reservations Team to discuss which accommodation may be best suited for you.
We will always do our utmost to assist you and allocate a suitable holiday home based on the information you have given us.
We offer the following services to assist you before your arrival:
- Contact with our Reservations Team via telephone or email to assist you in any way we can
- Acceptance of text relay (NGT) calls
- Information about our park and accommodation via our website and brochure
Please note that the information we give you in relation to accessibility is to allow you to make a judgement for yourself about the suitability of our park and accommodation. We are unable to make any firm or final judgements for you.
Arriving On Site
When you first arrive, you should follow signs to our Main Car Park. There is ample parking situated on a gravel surface.
Our Reception is located approximately 100m from the Main Car Park in the Main Complex building. Access is via a tarmac road that leads to an incline that those with reduced mobility may find difficult.
Reception is accessed via two large double doors. These are usually held open, but may be closed during bad weather. Our Team will gladly assist with the opening of the doors if required.
Through the double doors, you may reach Reception via a set of steps with a handrail on the right hand side or via a ramp.
The height of the Reception desk may mean that wheelchair users are unable to reach up to it. Our Team will gladly assist guests from in front of the desk if desired.
We offer the following facilities that may be of use to persons of differing abilities:
- Seating in the Reception area
- Information about our park, accommodation, and local area in both verbal and written formats
- Ample room for wheelchair users to manoeuvre
Around the Park (outdoors)
- Most road surfaces are tarmac, and some roads have speed humps
- Other road surfaces may consist of compressed gravel and/or stone chippings
- The speed limit on the site is 5mph, with priority given to pedestrians
- Changes in surface levels outside are marked with yellow or white paint
- Ramps and steps in outdoor areas have handrails
- Other pathways are made of concrete
- Access along the riverfront is level and step-free, and there is an ample number of benches
- Our geography makes us a hilly site, set in a valley
- There is an alternative route with step-free access that is specially signposted between Reception and Breakers Club
Pub, Restaurant, and Takeaway
- Level access is available into the restaurant, pub, and takeaway
- There are accessible toilet facilities next to the family room area of the pub
- Step-free access is available to all public areas of the restaurant, pub, and takeaway
- Step-free access is not available onto the outside decking area
- Breakers Club is located in the main complex building
- Step-free access is available by entering the main complex building via the arcade, but there is an incline
- There is ample seating in the clubhouse, and chairs may be removed to provide room for wheelchairs or other mobility vehicles
- Due to fire regulations, the layout of the tables may not be altered (i.e. multiple tables may not be joined together)
- There is a slightly raised seating area at either side of the club that is accessed via a step
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects, and other visual effects are used in Breakers Club, which means that this facility may not be suitable for those with photosensitive disorders
- Sound levels vary depending on the type of entertainment. If you have a condition that is affected by sound levels, please speak to the Duty Manager.
Indoor Swimming Pool
Download A Pool Layout Plan
- The indoor swimming pool is located in its own building, which is accessible via ramp, but there is an incline
- Large double doors lead into a small foyer, where guests can remove their shoes
- Another door leads immediately onto the poolside area
- There is a dedicated accessible changing room, plus separate male and female changing rooms. Showers are located in the male and female changing rooms only.
- The swimming pool can be accessed via a set of ladder-style steps at the deep end or a more gentle set of steps at the shallow end. Of course, you may also lower yourself in from the side.
- The main swimming pool is 18 metres long and 9 metres wide, with a depth of 80cm at the shallowest point, sloping to 120cm deep at the midpoint, then a continuous depth of 120cm to the end
- The baby pool is 20cm deep at one end, sloping to a maximum depth of 80cm
- Lifeguard(s) is/are on duty at all times when the swimming pool is open, and there is a strict ratio between swimmers and lifeguards that is maintained
Shop and Off-Licence
- Level access is available into the shop, but is via an incline into the main complex building
- Assistance is available where required with selecting items from shelves/fixtures
- The arcade is located in the main complex building
- Step-free access is available by entering the main complex building directly into the arcade via the slope that runs between A34 and F7, but there is an incline
Children's Club, Soft Play, and Pool Room
- All are located in the Main House, opposite the entrance to Reception
- Ramp access is available into these facilities
Outdoor Play Areas
- All outdoor play areas, including the sports court, have level and step-free access, but due to their nature, surfaces may vary
- The Jolly Cosmos Pirate Ship consists of ladders, rope nets, and other climbing objects