Plus Marketing Preferences
Effective from Friday 25th January 2020, superseding any previous versions. It reflects changes in our operations to allow sharing of data with our holiday home suppliers to enable the best possible service when managing holiday home sales.
Protecting Your Data
At Devon Valley, we are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers by respecting and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The Data Controller
Devon Valley Holiday Village’s data controller is Devon Valley Partnership, Ringmore Road, Shaldon, Devon TQ14 0EY.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used (either on its own or with another piece of information) to identify you. When you provide personal detail to us in person, over the phone, online, via email, or on a paper form, we may collect the following information from you:
- Your name, address, postcode, contact telephone number(s), and email address
- Details about how you originally heard about us
- Essential details relating to your booking, such as arrival/departure dates; names and ages of people in your party; and details of transactions against the booking including partially obscured card details
- Notes or special instructions relating to your booking to enable us to give you the best holiday experience
- Login details when creating an online account so that your account can be kept secure
- Your marketing preferences so that we can make sure we only send you things you want to receive
- Any information you send to us via our website or email so that we can deal with your requests as quickly as possible
- Information you give us relating to your interest in, or purchase of, a holiday home
- Your feedback, opinions, and levels of satisfaction where you choose to complete our Guest Feedback Survey
- If you apply for a job vacancy, we may store any information you provide on your CV, job application, or other information you give us in relation to your application for employment so that we can process your application
- Any other information you may voluntarily provide to us
How And Why We Process Your Data
In order to process data lawfully under the GDPR, we have identified lawful bases to do so:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you when you book with us or take steps towards making a booking with us
- Processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you when you purchase a holiday home from us or take steps towards purchasing a holiday home from us
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Devon Valley Holiday Village
Devon Valley may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To make, or take steps towards making, a booking
- To perform tasks related to the purchase, or steps towards a purchase, of a holiday home
- To process a brochure request and post it to you
- To administer your online account
- To respond to your request or enquiry
- To contact you by telephone or email
The purpose of processing your data is to allow us to record and access information about your booking(s) or contact made with us at Devon Valley.
We may also process your data to send you details of offers that we believe will be of genuine interest to you via email and/or post, but you may opt out of future marketing contact by contacting us at any point. Communication preferences for self-catering holidays and holiday home ownership are managed independently; any unsubscription request will apply to the nature of the content received.
Sharing and Security Of Your Data
We use external software service providers to manage our email marketing, online holiday booking system, and customer relationship management for holiday home sales. Your personal data is encrypted and stored securely online with these service providers, details of which service providers and their own privacy policies are available on request.
Other than our selected software service providers and our holiday home suppliers, your data is not shared with anybody outside of Devon Valley Partnership and is only viewed and/or processed by relevant employees to help provide you with the best service possible. Information about your visits to us is not disclosed to any third party.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Unless by law we are required to keep your data for longer, we will not keep any personal data for longer than is necessary given the purposes for which we collected and use that information. However, we may still hold details of bookings for statistical purposes for an indefinite period, but no personal information will be kept.
Withdrawing Your Consent To Direct Marketing
You have a right to withdraw your consent to receive marketing materials from us via email and/or post at any time. You may fill in the form on this page or contact us to update your marketing preferences. You can also use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails. As emails are sometimes scheduled in advance, it may take up to 7 days for your request to take effect.
To withdraw from marketing communications from our Holiday Home Ownership Team, please email your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may access your data and confirm that it is being processed by contacting us. This is without charge, except where requests are repetitive, unfounded, or excessive
- You may rectify any inaccuracies in your data by contacting us
- You may request the deletion of your data if you withdraw your consent to it being processed by contacting us. However, this can be refused if the data is only held for statistical purposes.
- You may request that the processing of your data is restricted, so that it is only stored and not processed any further by contacting us
- You may object to processing for the purposes of sending you marketing communications by contacting us
- You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If You Choose Not To Provide Personal Data
For the purposes of making a holiday booking, as per our Terms and Conditions, data from an online booking form or a telephone agreement shall constitute an offer by the client and a contract will exist if and when The Park issues a hire invoice, which is non-transferable. Therefore, your personal data forms part of a contractual requirement for your booking confirmation. If you choose not to provide certain data, you may be unable to receive invoices via email or post.
As an owner of a holiday home at our site, your personal data forms part of a contractual requirement in order to issue documents relating to your purchase and manage your ongoing relationship with us. Therefore, your personal data must be provided to complete such transactions.
A Note On Links To Other Websites
Website Browsing Data
Behavioural data is also collected as you browse our website and may be linked to advertising networks, although we do not personally identify you from this. Please see our Cookie Notice for full information.